For swimmers, long distance runners, cyclists
Anabolic steroids slightly increase aerobic endurance, which is why marathon runners rarely use them. Indirectly beneficial may be the ability of steroids to increase the number of red blood cells, as well as burning fat while maintaining muscle mass.
Most often used:
- Boldenone (Equipoise) – can be used by both girls and men to increase endurance by increasing the number of red blood cells in the blood. It is used at a dosage of 200-600 mg per week, in courses of 6-10 weeks. Boldenone is very easy to detect on a doping test, its metabolites are in the blood for up to a year, so take this into account before taking a doping test.
- Anavar (oxandrolone) – it is used to increase the endurance and speed of an athlete, it is mainly used by girls as an alternative to winstrol, it is one of the safest anabolic steroids. It is used in a dosage of 10-50 mg per day, in courses of 4-8 weeks.
- Erythropoietin – the drug increases the number of erythrocytes in the blood of an athlete, thanks to this, oxygen delivery to the muscle tissue is much faster and endurance is significantly increased, this drug is necessary in all sports with a long-term aerobic load. In addition, erythropoietin is rapidly excreted from the body and is difficult to detect during doping testing. Usually the drug is injected subcutaneously, and the initial dosage is about 20 IU per kilogram of body weight three times a week, or 10 IU per kilogram of body weight daily. In case of insufficient effectiveness of the drug, the dose can be increased by 20 IU per kilogram of body weight three times a week every four weeks (60 IU per 1 kg per week). When administered intravenously, the initial dosage is 40 IU per 1 kg of body weight 3 times a week, after four weeks the dose can be doubled. Regardless of the route of administration, the maximum dosage should not exceed 720 units per kilogram of body weight per week. In the future, the maintenance dose is selected so that the hematocrit does not exceed 35 percent by volume. When using erythropoietin, it must be borne in mind that it is extremely important to provide the body with an adequate amount of all essential nutrients (macronutrients), as well as vitamins, minerals, especially iron, vitamin B12 and folic acid.
- Clenbuterol – this drug stimulates beta-2-adrenergic receptors, as a result of which the sympathetic nervous system is activated and lipolysis is triggered, thus the athlete quickly loses subcutaneous fat, while increasing physical performance, in addition, it is an excellent anti-catabolic agent, helps to recover faster after physical exertion and not lose muscle mass. Basically, in these sports, clenbuterol is used to increase strength, endurance and mental activation of an athlete. The course of clenbuterol is from 20 mcg to 120 mcg per day, the intake lasts two weeks, then you should take a break for two weeks so that the body weaned from it and after two weeks get a tangible effect again.
- Growth hormone – somatotropic hormone is responsible for many processes in the human body, but in these sports it is used to reduce fat mass and increase muscle mass, increase energy, increase blood glucose levels, quickly recover from injuries, and increase the speed of an athlete. In addition, it is very difficult to detect it during doping testing, so many athletes use it almost until the very beginning of the competition. The dosage of growth hormone is 5-10 units every day, in courses of 2-4 months.
Steroids for sprinters and short distance swimmers
- Stanozolol is the most popular drug for increasing speed-strength indicators, without significantly affecting body weight.
- Boldenone (Equipoise) – the second most common drug
- Anavar – as an alternative to stanozolol
- Rarely reported use of primobolan and testosterone
As a rule, professional athletes conduct solo courses in low dosages.
Steroids for boxers (and other fighting disciplines)
According to media reports, boxers are most often used:
- Stanozolol (Winstrol) – solo courses for 4-6 weeks, at a dose of 10-25 mg daily.
- Boldenone (Equipoise) – at a dose of 200-400 mg, lasting 6-10 weeks
- Halotestin – highly effective but highly toxic
- Trenbolone is highly effective but has a number of potential side effects. 25-50 mg daily or 50-100 mg every other day Oxandrolone is the safest option and has an average efficiency. 30-60 mg daily
- Less commonly used nandrolone, masteron